Friday 1 February 2013

Need Some Advice From My Faithful Readers

I have a tiny dilemma. It turns out that there's another book with the title 'The Bite That Binds' - my sequel to 'Here Be Sexist Vampires'. I always check before giving a book a title, but for whatever reason I hadn't found this other book on any list when I checked.

(Don't worry; I've done a mental 'note to self: check more thoroughly next time'.)

Anyway, although it's not illegal to reuse a title unless it has been trademarked - which this book hasn't - the book also happens to be about vampires. I guess with having 'bite' in the title, it's hardly surprising. It doesn't really affect me, so I thought I'd ask if you, as readers, would find it confusing to find two vampire books with the same title. I could always change it slightly to 'Bites That Bind' or 'A Bite That Binds'...? Any input would be appreciated.

I'd like to say a big thank you to everyone who bought TBTB, hope you all enjoyed it. I'm now working on the third instalment of the Phoenix Pack series, 'Tremors of Need', which centres around Shaya and Nick. I can't give any background to the story without leaving spoilers for 'Wicked Cravings' and I'd rather not do that. Not long left until WC is released. In fact, it's just eighteen more days until the re-release of 'Feral Sins'. It had once seemed so long away.

Take care everyone!

Suzanne

7 comments:

  1. It wouldn't confuse me but if you did change it i like Bites That Bind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Stephanie, if you do change it Bites that bind has a nice ring to it. Either way I'm buying it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Stephanie & Autumn for your input! It's much appreciated :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, A Bite that Binds seems kind of temporary. Bite That Binds sound good but still loved TBTB!! It was great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Elizabeth, really glad you enjoyed it. Take care, S

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just wondering if there will b a second book to from rags

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Alisha, I never say never though I don't have one planned at the moment. Take care, S

    ReplyDelete